Sustainability Project Manager
The Sustainability Project Manager will work closely with managers, employees, and clients to address the organization's approach to environmental responsibility to minimize the company's environmental impact. The lead responsibility of the Sustainability PM is the accountability to the firm and client to ensure the project's overall administrative performance and success. The Sustainability PM will manage all aspects of the project budget and subcontractor deliverables. The individual is a team player and leader and will communicate and work closely with UAG colleagues to meet and deliver client needs and expectations while overseeing the execution and efficiency of the sustainability program. This role will report directly to the Project Executive and Senior Project Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sustainable construction oversight and field best practices
- Pre-construction involvement in specification development and material vetting
- Oversight of the product procurement process, pre-award descope meetings
- Management of subcontractor sustainability submittals; submittal and shop drawing reviews
- Coordination of sustainability criteria with all disciplines and subcontractors
- Development, tracking, and reporting of sustainability plans, policies, and procedures
- Development of strategic solutions for implementation and field challenges
- Communication of approach to team and leadership
- QA/QC site walk-throughs, documentation review, and subcontractor education
- Development and delivery of training for subcontractors and UAG staff
- Internal guidance on current rating systems (LEEDv4, Living Building Challenge, WELL, PassiveHouse, Ecodistricts Protocol)
LEED Accredited, with experience on five or more LEED or sustainable projects (design or construction).
Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
Professional certification preferred
Three to five years of corporate, business, and management experience are required.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must. Ability to be tactful, respectful, influential, and diplomatic when dealing with clients, subcontractors, and co-workers. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction, including safety, risk mitigation & control methods, operational means & methods and technology. Ability to create, interpret, and execute a budget.