Senior Purchasing Agent
The Senior Purchasing Agent will be responsible for fully managing procurement on multiple projects from purchasing planning through contract execution and mentoring and managing other purchasing staff, as applicable. Candidates should be able to work autonomously and should have an advanced proficiency level in assessing risk, negotiating contracts, organizing procurement, and should effectively work with project teams.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (manage/prepare directly):
- Fully manage the entire procurement process from start to finish.
- Work closely with Project Teams, Executive Teams, and Accounting before, during, and after awards.
- Mentor, manage, and guide other purchasing staff, as applicable.
- Curate responsible bid lists and ensure short-listed bidders are qualified, responsive, and responsible and that bids are level.
- Manage ongoing project procurement planning.
- Proficiently analyze Subcontractor risk and recommend risk mitigation measures. Have an advanced understanding of financial, operational, and supply-chain risk hazards, implications, controls, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Review Subcontractor insurance coverage for compliance.
- Negotiate Subcontracts and, supervise awards, and supervise contract administration.
5+ years of experience in construction estimating or purchasing
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
A basic understanding of accounting and financial analysis preferred
Advanced understanding of insurance/ CRIS Certification preferred
Strong communication skills
Strong organizational skills
Strong sense of team
Passion for fast-paced environments