The Project Accountant reports directly to the Accounting Supervisor and/or Controller and is responsible for all project-related accounting functions across single or multiple projects.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with project team(s) to ensure timely and accurate submission of construction billings for all assigned projects.
- Generates billings, WIP reports, cash position reports, billing proofs and other monthly deliverables
- Responsible for the review, verification and processing of all subcontractor and general conditions related payments associated with assigned projects.
- Communicates with project team, vendors, subcontractors and external parties to manage job cost requests/requirements, including waivers of lien, insurance, certified payrolls and any additional contractually required documents necessary to invoice clients or pay vendors.
- Attends monthly pencil meetings with owner and/or architect to ensure proper and accurate payment application to the owner per the contract terms
- Responsible for accounts receivable tracking, management, and reporting for assigned projects.
- Preparation of project cash flow forecasts.
- Maintains accurate job cost ledger for all assigned projects
- Interface with project team(s) and senior management on all aspects of project construction accounting for all assigned projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be tactful, respectful, influential, and diplomatic when dealing with clients, subcontractors, and coworkers.
- CMIC and Textura experience would be highly beneficial