Human Resources Coordinator
The Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Human Resources Manager in employee engagement, recruitment, performance management, benefits, training, and development. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to work independently while maintaining all day-to-day tactical responsibilities associated with the role.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date Human Resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers to frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refer more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of Human Resource files and records.
- Assists with recruitment efforts, job fairs, and summer internship program and works closely with the management team to schedule interviews and maintain follow-up with prospective candidates.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and charity fundraisers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
A High School diploma is required. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must. Ability to be tactful, respectful, influential, and diplomatic when dealing with clients, subcontractors, and co-workers. Solid organizational, verbal, written and communication skills are a must.